There’s a new Assistant Librarian in town… and it ain’t me.
Yep… I did indeed apply for a job at the library last week. I had a wonderful interview but, sadly, I was not chosen.
The hours would have folded in nicely with my writing schedule and hey — who DOESN’T want to work in a library, right?
So… I’m a bit sad about it, but I’m also… surprisingly OK about it. Something will come up. Always does. And for now — I’m full steam ahead on the NIP and we’ve plenty of food and wood and … all is well.
Time for the Saturday Chicken/Check-in Ritual.
Walks: X (i) true WALK + much wood carrying, shoveling and water pumping.
Guitar: 0 *woeFULLness*
Yoga/Meditation: 0 on the yoga XXXXX on the Meditation
Work on NIP: ***** *YeeHAW*
THIS WEEK’S EXPERIMENT: Wake and stay CURIOUS
THE RESULT: Twas a curious curious week. And I enjoyed it.
This is good.
And…the rest of the week…
• The feeling of being “behind” persists.
• The desire to “get ‘er done” by Friday night and open the weekEND for… other things. Things like reading and napping and playing draw draw.
• Wanting to Draw some things, create some things for blog.
• Wanting shorter, more frequent posts
• too many books out from the library – I’m fast… but not THAT fast.
• I was nervous about the interview and the entire idea of another new jobjob.
• Noticing a craving for a trip south to sit in cafes and eat dimsum and go a museum, an art gallery and see a show and… so on.
SHAKE IT OFF! SHAKE IT OFF!
• I do LOVE my life right now. I truly do. Yessss. The mornings especially. Writing Hours AHHHHHHH! I do wonder if I will find a way to KEEP it pretty much just as it is. HOPE SO.
• The weekly review of the SCRIB is a good GOOD thing. Again, I pulled stuff out and filed it various places. It took me about an hour this week. Not bad.
• The WALK around the island – oooooh so good. More please.
• Getting a FEW more posts in here.
• Reading reading reading is grand. Read Nevermore (Gaiman), Lemon (Strube) and started Daughter of the Flame (Marriott). YUM.
• THE BEST thing was Sleeping right through a night. 6 – 7 hours straight with no wake up feels AWESOME..
I’ve noticed that my fellow 3dayers are on pins and needles waiting for a response from the judges. Me? I never think about it. Not this year. Interesting, non?
I don’t think about the 3day at all until I pop onto the Forum to check in with my cohorts (who I DO think about). Then what I start to think about is….What will I do THIS YEAR…. heh heh. Action? Poetic Fancy? Who knows.
I think part of it is that last years entry was so… wild and wooly… I don’t really think it stands a chance. Another part is that I’m just so caught up in the NIP that I don’t think about Finnegan. I can only hold one thing in my brain and heart at a time. So all my other …. projects… are way way way in my back brain as I wrestle with Izzy and the gang.
There will be time for all of them. I hope.
I’ve also noticed something gurgling around… POSTS to the blog.
I long for more frequent posts. But I haven’t found my way to them … yet.
I have begun writing them in my head as I walk, or do the dishes or… whatever.
It reminds me of a thing I used to do in Saskatoon. I would walk by the river and run short stories in my head and then… never write them down.
I finally DID write one and it started with “Prissy Fallwell smoked Players Plain, played Crib for money and drank Wild Turkey between men.”
It began as a story and it became a book.
What am I babbling about?
Just… Things are moving. It’s all good. The universe of Pam is unfolding as it should.
NEXT WEEK’S Playful EXPERIMENT:
Honestly woman… sit and plunk. FOCUS on it. You can find the way in.
And for some company on a cool winter’s day…
Here’s a little funky/bluesy/beautiful thing to let flow on over you.
It’s Corinne Bailey Rae – doing a wild version of Que Sera Sera at Glastonbury in 2010.
Be cool – but never cold.
And, as always…
go easy -p
Kim Fahner's Blog
follow me on Instagram: @frohmandj
Writer & Teaching Artist
explorations in creativity
Jamie writes about whatever.