Wherein Pam curls up by the fire with Tippy the Typer and her new chimney brush to… review the week and begin the dreaming up of improbable shenanigans for the coming year.
Halloo Hallay — happy snowy day to all!
I am the proud owner of a brand new chimney sweeping brush – bringing back fond fond memories of my grandfather and the summer I spent working with him as a Sweep in the way-back.
Hope your holidays have been full of joy and fun and that you still have some time for… continuing revels.
And now… on with the Shaking and Baking…
In homage to Havi’s Friday Chickens over on The Fluent Self — This is the place I review my week – in an attempt to track some things – like progress on my novel and… living intentionally. I shake out my week and lay it out. Let the hard burn off and the good sink in. Call it an experiment in paying attention. Feel free to join in.
The Quick Chicken (The Doings that help me with the Being):
Work on NIP: Sat and thought, making plans for how to work this week and decided to… take the entire week off. Bit of an experiment. The DREAD and the the feeling of … Abject FAILURE returned with a vengeance after 4 days off.
!!NO CAN DO THE STOPPING!!
This is good to know. The HOURS really are working. OK. I shall return to them – work each day. Each day. Each day.
Walks: Does shopping count? 😉 Actually got out and about everyday though my walks were mostly in town.
Guitar: Left Pree at home while we were in town – she shall rise again, I swear.
Yoga/Meditation: Some sitting, not much stretching. And, boy-howdy do I feel the lack.
THIS WEEK’S EXPERIMENT:
This week I simply worked on staying with/in the moment.
THE RESULT: another adventure of … noticing. So often I drift off – to fret, to plan, to thoughts of other things, to the stories running in my head. With the noticing, I found myself drawn back into the moment. To enjoying the moment as it happened. To being present with the people in the room. Very cool.
And…the rest of the week…
THE GNARBLY BITS:
– the return of the DREADS and that horrible horrible feeling that comes upon me when I feel that I am not “doing my work”. I did my morning SCRIBble each day – but some were shorter than usual and that didn’t help either. MUST DO THE SCRIB – I know this. Now I for sure also know that the WRITING HOURS are also necessary – and that the day by day thing feels better than a gaping void of no work and then the BIG LONG SPLURGE. The splurge day feels good – feels grand. But the void days feel baaaaa-aaad. I prefer the steady on ahead dealio I’ve had going on for the past few months.
– overall feeling of … not so goodness from being out of my normal routine. Hmm…. not a bad thing really. Just noticing that this routine I have been following is really… a good thing. That it helps my mood and my body and… that is coolio.
– bit o’ guilt or something building up about this here blog thing. I really don’t want it to be ONLY these Shake and Bakes. Hmm… Tis a Thing to Think on. The reviewing my week thing is good (for me). I like it. But… well, there simply must be… more/other things. I think. More…doodling and noodling on other things…so it isn’t all about me me me… cuz that… well, in truth that just “bores my tits off” as they say.
Shall turn the ole mind to this dilemna and see what visions come.
THE TASTY BITS:
+ Gathering together with friends and family, so much laughter. I’m grateful for it all.
+ Finding fun and lovely giftys for people. Things to make them smile.
+ The rip and tear of present day and the giggles and a few tears. Warm hearts gathered.
+ Celebrating the life of a friend, and saying farewell.
+ Allowing time to slow down and sit quietly amidst the hustle and bustle.
+ Stepping outside in the night to gaze up at the full moon.
+ Taking the time to shovel off a rink out on the river – making ready for moonlight skates and sunny afternoon hockey games with our new sticks.
+ Receiving love. Allowing it in. Ahhhhhh. In person and through the mail. What joys you sent me. Thank ye much.
+ The luxury of long soakers and watching movies and a very fun Sherlock series we’d never seen in our not so secret town hideaway.
+ The big splurge of the season – cozy cozy slippers big enough to fit the feet of my beloved giantman. The true joy – him strutting around in them with that grin on his face.
NEXT WEEK’S EXPERIMENT:
hmmm…. what I would like to do this coming week is …
- Get back on track with the morning routine.
- Take some time to review this past year and to think on what I would like to do/see/explore in 2013 – including what I would like to do with this blogthing.
That’s it for me….
Sending bright blessings to you all for a swell wrap up of 2012.
May 2013 bring you…. magic.
Thanks for stopping by.
go easy -p