Hopping online because I am bursting to share this book with you. In this time of uncertainty and stress, many of us are diving even deeper to our practices of self-reflection and this book has given me solace and challenged me to do some deep thinking about what I do and what I DESIRE to do in the world.
I just finished reading Jennifer Louden’s new book, Why Bother? Discover the Desire for What’s Next.
You know that feeling when you finish a book and your eyes are full of tears and your heart is entirely full of, “Yes. Yes, I remember now. Thank you for reminding me.” That is what I feel right now.
I was given the great blessing of being able to read a copy of Why Bother before it is released to the public. I am grateful and so honoured to join to the chorus of voices singing the praises of this book and of Jennifer’s work in the world.
- For anyone who has ever passed through a time when their first thought on waking was, “How long until I can crawl back into bed?”
- For the numb
- For the sad
- For the lonely
- For those who despair ever being able to craft another book, story, poem, or song; to paint or snap another picture, to dance, or run, or take your next bloody breath without struggling
- For the next time we lose our way
- For all of us
This book is both good medicine and an excellent companion.
This book is so many precious things wrapped up in one beautiful, wise, package.
- It is the heartwarming (and often heart-rending) story of Jen’s own journey thus far.
- It is a well-drawn map to guide others out of the doldrums and back into the flow of life.
- It is a poetic and practical How-To Manual with clear simple instructions and delicious prompts that guide us deep inside towards our own wisdom.
- It is a book to be devoured and then to be returned to again and again to taste and work with as we need to.
But wait…there’s more!
There are also a ton of online resources included as links in the body of the book itself and a crazy heap of bonuses for those who pre-order.
- A FREE live online workshop with Jen on May 21, 2020
- A FREE 5-day online live Why Bother training with Jen in July 2020
- And immediate access to the first chapter of the book
The launch date for the book is April 21, 2020
You can find the info here: https://jenniferlouden.com/why-bother/