Back from a walk up the lane in my Pink Rubber Boots!
They aren’t quite the polka dotted beauties pictured above… but they are pretty sweet nonetheless and… YAY PUDDLES! HUZZAH for MUD! Woop and woot and a rooty-toot-toot!
I hope your world is covered in mud too… or small growing things…
Another week… another chance to shake it all out and see what went on…
The Quick Chicken (The Doings that help me with the Being):
- Write: 5/7
- Move: 3/7
- Matt/Sit: 5/7
- Music: 2/7
THIS WEEK’S EXPERIMENT:
Let there be rest. Let there be energy. Let there be strength enough and time enough and will enough and always…joy and gratitude overflowing.
And yes… there was… thanks for that.
THE GNARBLY BITS of Mystery:
- – Four Hours in the Dentist Chair
- – everything else that wasn’t great this week pales in comparison to the freezing beginning to wear off… and most of the Gnarble was probably tied in with the low grade pain I’ve been in for weeks and weeks on account of that tooth.
THE TASTY BITS:
- + A SAVED TOOTH! What a great dentist! Yay for The Chapleau Dental Clinic and Dr. Michtchenko and his fabulous staff!!!
- + Mud
- + Clearing off the table in the screened in porch and sitting here right this minute!
- + Taxes done and done and gone away
- + Sitting down by the “beach” in our big heavy jackets and loving it anyhow
- + dancing in the kitchen to… Emmy Lou and Rodney Harris, Dave Lang, Nick Lowe, Danny Michel, and Little Feat
- + House full of sunshine and the smell of Banana Ginger Bread coming fresh from the oven.
The Thing that needs Baking In MOST:
There is enough time… one thing at a time feels better than the mad dash
from this to that and back again
I found myself doing too many things at once this week. Not unusual as I tend to “multi-task” a lot but…
I’m feeling less and less inclined to work this way.
I think this is stemming from the focus I have gained and the feeling of AHHHH that comes when I shut everything else out and sit for those two solid writing hours with NO INTERRUPTIONS at all at all.
NEXT WEEK’S Playful EXPERIMENT:
I would like to play with this idea of one thing at a time in a broader way this week. See how it feels.
And you know what… because it felt so good last week… let me close again with my wee prayer for us all…
Let there be rest. Let there be energy.
Let there be strength enough and time enough and will enough
joy and gratitude overflowing.
For all of us.
May your week be magically delicious.
Thanks so much for popping by.
go easy, friends
In homage to Havi’s Friday Chickens over on the The Fluent Self — This is the place I review my week – in an attempt to track some things – like progress on my novel and… living intentionally. I shake out my week and lay it out. Let the hard burn off and the good sink in. Call it an experiment in paying attention.
Comments are cherished here. Discussion is adored. If you’d rather talk in private – drop me a line.