As reported earlier today… this week has been a bibbety-boppity-BLAST…she laughs sardonically…
Though my mood and energy have swung wildly off in all directions … I hold my blessings close. Just when the mood is grey and the sadness hangs heavy… you see one of these…
And… let us not forget that this here week began with a lil of this…
So… It ain’t so bad, eh?
The meditation “challenge” and the posts have been good fun.
And the thing that pulled me out of the seductive slump today… a walk with the Sweet Raggedy Man… ta DA! Yes. Just a walk. Makes all the difference to this lil snip-snap. Things I KNOW… Things I forget…and so we leap to…
What…um… perhaps did NOT work:
The letting go entirely of the DOINGS.
I gotta ask… um… did NO ONE out there feel like yelling,
“BUT BUT BUT…Pam…. WAIT! These are the things that you KNOW are your comforts and your way of aligning with the universe and… you know darned well that if you don’t do these things – consistently – that you are bound to slip down the bunnyhole of despair headed straight for the slough of despond!!!!!”
Perhaps you, like me, thought …
“A break is always good. She is far far too hard on herself. She should just kick back and let it all go for a bit. After all, she IS doing that crazy meditation challenge and posting something every single day and working on (as in thinking about / chasing / seeking) her 3day idea and… isn’t that ENOUGH?”
Well, Toots… we was WRONG. It isn’t enough. I needs my doings and they are hereby re-instated for the coming week! Especially the Yoga and the Writing Hours and the WALKS. I’ve been doing the Scrib, of course, but I have not SAT for the requisite hours to work on … a project… and I find that I must. I simply must. And the yoga is much much needed for the bod and ease into the day. As for the walking…see above!
When oh when will I learn this about my self??
Course… maybe you are entirely smarter than me and are now thinking…
Well DUH! You didn’t say you were STOPPING the doings. You just said you weren’t going to post your numbers. I never thought you would DROP them entirely. Sheesh!
I can be a silly bugger.
- – a full day and a half lost to tiredness… accompanied by sadness extreme. Brought on by a bought of illness that wore me down.
- – realizing how fast things slip into the grey zone when I don’t do the doings.
- – realizing that just because I’m the boss of my own pants does not mean I know best… though I keep reaching for that elusive self-knowledge thing.
- – weak shields…out of my groove… meaning I was easily pulled into negativity and sadness by other people… or into WHATEVER they were feeling instead of letting their stuff be their stuff and my stuff be mine.
- + the Wild Woman Fish-a-thon – such a glorious day to be out on the water with pals. Learned many new skills and … filling the freezer with tasty healthy food is pretty darned cool too.
- + learning stuff. Learning so much stuff.
- + knowing that even when I feel like I’ve lost the thread, am out of the groove or off my game…it’s really still OK… that it is all a part of the living.
- Finally FINALLY finding and watching My Dinner With Generation X by the brilliant Brian Stockton. Food for my Xer soul! You should find it and watch it and go buy the boxed set of all all Brian’s films!!! I’m a huge fan. Can you tell?
The Thing that needs Baking In MOST:
Oh gawd…i sit here with my hands on the keyboard and a blank head and people are coming over!!! I must finish. I must finish….. what needs baking in?
Find the Flow…
When you get this anxious feeling just breathe… just slow down…slip down inside and… all will be well.
There is time for it all to happen.
Next Week’s Playful
Ha ha… just found last weeks Challenge… which was…
Let go of the whip…. find the rhythm of these days… They are different than the winter days… and they are all de-lovely
Still true… these days ARE de-lovely. And the rhythms are different. And I don’t want to pick up the whip and continue to struggle struggle all the time.
Ease. What on earth are the easeful ways for me to … do the doings… and be open to shifts and changes in rhythm and… not get all hung up?
I would like to challenge myself to… write the word EASE big and bold and glue it to the cover of the SCRIB – which is the one thing I will for SURE touch every day. This will help me remember the intention for this next week … Find the EASE-FULL way.
Take your own damned advice and… go EASE-Y!
That’s the ticket!
Thanks for popping in.
May your week be full of joy and shine shine shine…
PS… for the Xers….
In homage to Havi’s Friday Chickens over on the The Fluent Self — This is the place I review my week – in an attempt to track some things – like progress on my novel and… living intentionally. I shake out my week and lay it out. Let the hard burn off and the good sink in. Call it an experiment in paying attention.
Comments are cherished here. Discussion is adored. If you’d rather talk in private – drop me a line.