Shake and Bakes are my quarterly check-ins (CHICKENS!). They used to be weekly – but this year they are happening in line with the moon. I use these posts to … shake out the happenings of my work and my life in general in an attempt to Shake off the bad and Bake in the good. It’s about … gratitude, paying attention and now..living by the moon.
I’m glad to report that it has been a good good quarter for me. The work is flowing and getting out to have fun on the ice has made winter a Joy instead of a Slog. This is outstanding, as I often get the February BLAHS along with millions of others.
Much gratitude to Sister Pike for getting me out into the cold and teaching me this.
And to Diana, Goddess of the FisHunt, for introducing me to the joys of fishing.
I am so blessed with friendships – near and far.
Let’s Bake THAT in.
And let’s Shake out this quarter…
Θ (theta) earth – home – touch
- The intention to get grounded and head back to the very foundations of Sanctuary (my NIP) has proven incredibly fruitful. I’ve spent this week working on a new timeline (using Aeon Timeline and LOVING IT!). Plotting the events of the story, the multiple story arcs and character involvement in each scene has helped me step back and see the bigger picture. To hold the entire story in my wee brain. Invaluable.
Φ (phi) air – relationships – scent
- This step by step approach is clearing the way for me… I am seeing the patterns, the inter-relations, the connections and disconnects. May the clarity continue – and aid me in the weavings that will strengthen the storylines.
Χ (chi) fire – work – vision
- There is fire here… and right now I am feeding it small bits… knowing that I mustn’t smother the flickering flame.
Ξ (ksi) water – health – taste
- Flowing – feeling the flow of energy this moonth more than ever. The creative energy grows and crests – at its peak today with the Full Moon. The danger being that as it ebbs I may fall back into the pit of despond. Here’s hoping that this story raft is strong enough now to bear me up and keep me afloat.
Ψ (psi) quintessence – spirit – hearing/listening
- Meditation Sits have been so good this quarter. I’ve been rising early early and Sitting in the dark before dawn. Scribbling (and Tweeting) as the sun comes up.
- Also – a lovely new friendship is blossoming that is much connected to spirit and to explorations of the spirit. I grin and grin and grin with gratitude.
So… over-all… the intentions set at the New Moon seem to be working out. Huzzah!
Things to Release?
Just the usual suspects – Doubt and Fear.
Doubt with her sharp pointy fingers poking me in the night.
And Fear – cowering over there in the corner with her hand over her mouth.
I release them by sending them Love. I cannot Banish them. I won’t. These two are old old Friends of mine. They’ve served me well in times past (passed?). They’ve kept me “safe”. I will not banish them or send them out into the cold.
Instead, I say,
Come closer. The light of this story will warm you. No one will harm you here. Join me beside this small fire. Have a beverage. Let us sit together in peace.
And, with that… I go to prepare for a ride out onto the ice with my sweet Raggedy Man. We don’t really “celebrate” Valentines day – but we do have a sort of DATE DAY planned. A ride on the snow machine to gather things for his upcoming trip away (he will be two weeks gone and sorely missed). And then home to a nice dinner and a movie (or two).
Sending wishes for a lovely full moon time for you.
May you see Beauty all round and may your heart be filled with Gratitude.
Thanks for popping by.
And…here’s a lil something special for you – a video poem by on of my Soul Sisters – the fierce and lovely Lia Pas.
Happy Heart day, my lovelies.
Go easy ~p