Shake and Bakes are my quarterly check-ins (CHICKENS!). I use these posts to … shake out the happenings of my work and my life in general in an attempt to Shake off the bad and Bake in the good. It’s about … gratitude, paying attention and living by the moon. Much thanks to HAVI over at the Fluent Self for inspiration and to APRIL at Big Sky Astrology for her monthly Working with the Moon booklets.
~~o~~ LAST QUARTER – Ice Going Out Moon ~~o~~
The ice remains….but I can hear it MELTING. I hear it. I do.
I’m a day late with my chicken….yesterday was gobbled up by a trip to town. Laundry, groceries and a trip to the taxman. I was simply exhausted! Heh heh.
And today – getting wild wild in the reVisions of the new book, so it will be a quick chicken so I can return to work some more before whipping up a lovely tofu stirfry for our dinner.
Reviewing my Intentions for this Moonth
Last quarter – a chance to tweak intentions, wrap things up, find rest and begin to dream for next moonth.
My main intention this moonth is:
To simply show up each day and see and hear and taste and smell and … BE with whatever the day offers up.
This has gone rather well, methinks.
I’ve also gone and taken on something newISH this last week.
I found a copy of One Day My Soul Just Opened Up: 40 Days and 40 Nights Toward Spiritual Strength and Personal Growth at the second hand store a few weeks ago. Now, I’ve been seeing this book … here and there … for years. It’s a bright book and I always pick it up and flip through it. And here was a copy all spanky clean and ready to be worked in. How could I resist. So I bought it and brought it home, and put it on the shelf beside my bed.
I kept looking at. Picking it up and flipping through.
Finally, six days ago, I decided to DO it. To take the 40 day challenge and work my way through the book.
And because I’m a lover of challenges and experiments with an end in sight, I added a few other things to this 40 day challenge.
- I am working through the book each day.
- I am showing up to the page each day (meaning, for this challenge, working on the reVisions to Sanctuary each and every day IN the Manuscript. Not taking off on research binges or doing other writerly business. I’m doing all that, as well, of course but my number one priority each day is to get into the MSS and move the reVisions forward)
- I am walking 3-5K each day
And today on my walk – I slipped these three challenges into … elemental areas.
Θ (theta) earth – home – touch
- The walking lands here in the physical, moving over the earth zone.
Φ (phi) air – relationships – scent
- The walking also lands here – in the breathing deep the air zone.
- My aim to do a bit of housey cleaning each day is also continuing.
Χ (chi) fire – work – vision
- As for my intention to Show up to the page. Here it is. Showing up and seeking the spark.
Ξ (ksi) water – health – taste
- And here it is as well – Showing up and seeking the Flow.
- I continue to pay attention to the food thing. The breakfast eating streak continues, and I’m working on getting in a good sized lunch and a smaller dinner.
Ψ (psi) quintessence – spirit – hearing/listening
- This is where the Soul book lands. Exploring and spending time thinking and writing about different ways to honour the Divine spirit within. I’m enjoying it.
- I also continue to “listen (and watch) for the animals this month. See who comes and what they bring.“
- This week my most frequent visitors have been Ravens. Oh raven… Oh. Today one flew over us as we returned from our walk. She carried something in her mouth. Pretty sure it was lunch. I found a great bit of Raven Lore over HERE that backs me up in my feeling that seeing a raven fly by with food in her/his mouth is a good omen of abundance in my own life.
- Another wonderful 40 day opportunity has also come my way and I LEAPT at it… but haven’t yet managed to settle to the doing. I found it over at Hettiene Grobler’s lovely site in her recent Mondays with Mary post.
- The offer is from Shiloh Sophia McCloud who generously offers a painting class inspired by Mary Magdalene free to anyone.
The offer will be available for forty daysand you can click on this link to check it out
I feel a gumbly in my tumbly
So I must bid you adieu.
But before I go… One more opportunity for any “WORDY Canadians” who are reading this.
I’m spreading the word about a fun project I’m participating in. It’s a book called A Rewording Life – being pulled together by a woman named Sheryl Gordon. Basically it’s a book of tasty luscious words wielded by “Wordy Canadians” with the portion of the proceeds going towards research into Alzheimer’s and Dementia. I think it’s a great, heartfelt, idea and I’m honoured to be a contributor.
You can read about the project (and Sheryl) over on Descant’s blog at – http://www.descant.ca/blog/2014/03/31/a-rewording-life-sheryl-gordon-needs-your-word/
Here’s the kind of folks she’s looking to for contributions:
‘WORDY’ CANADIAN – DEFINED:
Anyone who contributes to Canada’s enigmatic beauty and who ultimately makes life more rewarding. To me, that includes: actors, artists, athletes, authors, CBC personalities, comedians, cycling advocates, dancers, directors, environmentalists, foodies, journalists, musicians, poets, social activists, etc.
Think you might like to contribute? Shoot me a note and I’ll give you more info.
The Raggedy Man just brought me crackers covered in Cheese Whiz. He must hear my rumbly tumbly too. It really is time to go and make some dinner!
Thanks for stopping by.
Wishing you Spring warmth and wonderful waves of words that delight.
Go easy ~p