In homage to Havi’s Friday Chickens over on the The Fluent Self — This is the place I review my week – in an attempt to track some things – like progress on my novel and… living intentionally.
Call it an experiment in paying attention.
THIS WEEK’S EXPERIMENT: Getting OUT of bed at 7AM each morning.
THE RESULT: Tu-Naaa! I did it.
It was tempting some days to cuddle back into the warmth but I counted down the days and DID IT!!! And oh I’m so happy I did. It opened up so many things.
THE GNARBLY BITS:
- Insomnia! Oh to sleeeeeep for six hours at a stretch…. please please.
- Being a big ole judgey-pants of my self.
- starting to REALLY notice this. Hoping that noticing leads to … lightening up/shifting this.
- Being content to keep it simple and not pile on more more more…
- this may simply be an off-shoot of the aforementioned Mz Judgey-Pants sticking her snoot in and trying to sabotage …. again and still…Being content to keep it simple and not pile on more more more…
THE TASTY BITS:
- the work the work the work!
- the nights I DID find sleep were so very sweet. Thank you.
- bits of work around the shack to make it cozier and cozier.
- shiny bits of wisdom landing in my lap
- from online lectures: stop and notice the judging and lay a hand on yourself (on cheek, heart, for me it is tucking in my thumbs) and let yourself know that you are OK – for me this week the sentiment has been, “It’s OK, raggedy-girl. You are fine. Be gentle” – the raggedy is not a judgement, it makes me smile. (see Dr. WHO aka “raggedy man”)
- from magical books arriving in my hands at just the right moment: the concept of switching my constant “I should… I need to…” over to “Wouldn’t it be lovely if…” I do believe this could save my life.
- a visit from a lovely woman I am just getting to know: the vision of a lonely childhood and the urge to go back in time and visit that child and take a walk with her.
- I’ve got the Joy joy JOY joy down in my heart…down in my heart…
- the joy of actually DOING what I set out to do for the week (work wise)
- the joy of eating breakfast and bonus of NOTICING what I am eating through out the day
- the joy of guitar callouses and hand strength returning from… daily practice
- the joy of walking
- And… all this stemming from….
- a huge happy dance about the getting up each day at 7am! Cheeeeers for me!
NEXT WEEK’S EXPERIMENT:
As so much is falling into place by focussing on rising earlier and eating breakfast… I say… let’s have another week of the same!
And… I may BEGIN to turn my attention…. GENTLY… to getting off the Typer and into bed earlier too but… no presha!
And… How was your Week?
Thanks for stopping by.