How went your week?
For me… ’twas a week of … interesting things…
Of body pain, surprisingly tasty moments of stillness and things still managing to get themselves done.
I’ve had a bad tooth all week. The pain began LAST Friday, but … as I am wont to do… I IGNORED it. Yes. Hoping it would go away. Never said I was the brightest bulb in the garden.
It didn’t go away. It is with me, still. Though I did go to the dentist, who loaded me up with anti-biotics and sent me on my way. We shall meet again on April 1st for the big decision of whether to pull this thing or try a root canal. Truth is – it is BARELY a tooth anymore so… I’m thinking it might just be… “Best learn to chew on the ole gummer, Babe.”
Ahh the body… always changing. Slowly drifting into… entropy. I do believe bits may begin to fall off soon. Oh wait… they already are!
That said, it was also a week where, looking back – I realize that I somehow managed to keep working which is… quite astounding actually. More on this in a bit. But first…..
The Quick Chicken (The Doings that help me with the Being):
THIS WEEK’S EXPERIMENT:
A short evening Scrib just to round out the day.
Umm…. I totally FORGOT the whole thing.
Can you believe it? Lordy lordy lordy. I blame it on the pain. See song choice below… for giggles.
That said – I DID do it on 3 nights just because… I was up late and felt like a scribble.
I think I might need to actually POST my weekly experiment somewhere that I can SEE it every day because… apparently… i can’t hold even this one simple task/intention in my brain these days. Interesting, right?
So… how about the rest of the week?
THE GNARBLY BITS of Mystery:
- – tooth pain – all week
- – anti-biotic weirdness in my body since Wednesday
- – the cold the cold the cold the never bloody ending cold
- – the still ongoing, never ending … beating up of … my self. How is it that I can know things and yet be so incredibly unable to do them? Like… that it is silly/useless and in FACT – a harmful thing to allow the negative self chatter…. oh look…. i can even beat up on myself for beating up on myself. NICE! You should totally run away from this blog – it might be catching!
… STOP …
SHAKE IT OFF! SHAKE IT OFF!
THE TASTY Delicious Delightful Nourishing BITS:
- + my sweet raggedy man feeding me soup and love as I lay on the couch in agony and/or and medicated fog.
- + that I still managed to do some stuff (like my writing hours) – even if I did miss 2 days due to…SUCKAGE.
- + that, yes, the NIP continues to unfold in fun and surprisingly magic ways. Even in this funky pain funk.
- + that I used the 21 Day Meditation Challenge to … soothe myself. That I did it everyday as a treat and as play and not as a “MUST DO” duty doody. Huzzah! In amongst the tooth achey malaise there was also YUM YUM YUM ~ our Sanskrit Mantra for Day Two of the challenge. According to Deepak Chopra, the sound YUM helps to open our Heart Chakra.
- + a day of talk and laughter with friends to close the week. Thank you thank you snowy friends for making the trek to the shaky shack.
What worked? (THE THIng to bake in)
Yeah… actually… that’s it. Allowing the balance.
Wow. That is sorta… cool.
Let’s just leave it at that.
Next time I might…
Do that. Intentionally.
NEXT WEEK’S Playful EXPERIMENT:
Looking over the Scrib today, I did like the “evening wrap up” thing. I would really like to give it another go. And…. I’ll POST it somewhere so that I see it. Maybe beside my bed or on the ole SCRIB book itself. See if that helps. Heh heh.
That’s it for me… I’m off to eat a sammich!
Attaching the giggly song that came to mind earlier….earworm ALERT!
Be well, my stout-hearted mateys.
go easy ~p
In homage to Havi’s Friday Chickens over on the The Fluent Self — This is the place I review my week – in an attempt to track some things – like progress on my novel and… living intentionally. I shake out my week and lay it out. Let the hard burn off and the good sink in. Call it an experiment in paying attention.
Comments are cherished here. Discussion is adored.