Earlier this week, I thought I was stepping to spring. I felt a surge of energy returning after a long sickness and I began to flip through gardening books and plan for DIRT
It will come….
But… not…. quite… yet.
The snow hangs on… but surely the melt must come… and so… we move forward…
And here I am again with the weekly Chicken. Shaking out the weekly wrinkles.
The Quick Chicken (The Doings that help me with the Being):
- Work on NIP: 7/7
- Meditation: 5/7
- Guitar: 0/7
- Yoga: 0/7
Will she ever pick up that guitar again? Surely…surely…
THIS WEEK’S EXPERIMENT:
Was to “begin again” – on all fronts…
The clearest OOMPH of the hitting the restart came in the Writing Hours. Felt so so SO good to get back to it. Crazy as it is. Some days I still fear that I am horribly lost in the wilderness. Other days, I am brimming with hope.
Also – began again with breakfasts… bowls of steel cut oats… nothin’ finer.
THE GNARBLY BITS of Mystery:
- – Cough hanging on
- – Snow hanging on
- – Getting down about the “not doings” like guitar and…whatever did happen to me working through The Vein of Gold…. and… well – you know…. all those things we MEAN TO DO throughout the week. So many lists…. so little energy…
- – The HUGE computer scare of Friday night. Upgraded my OS and…. lost function on a WHACK of ancient software including my Word and Excel – holy freaking banana madness! How is it I always think I have checked things out and… something so flipping major comes along and goes…”Oh, by the way – if you do this you will lose functionality on YOUR ENTIRE LIFE?!?
THE TASTY BITS:
- + Feeling the energy return…ahhhh…. yes please
- + Work – so hard and oft confusing but oh it feels so good to be back and able to focus and move ahead
- + Long walks return
- + A small bit of sorting, sifting, organizing done amongst PAPERs
- + Small cleaning victories – the chimney swept again, the floor vacuumed, tidy tidy tiny steps of tidy.
- + playing in the sun with my favourite playmate
- + gardening books from You Grow Girl to dream on
- + the growing longing to get to work on fixing up my trailer studio
- + reaching out to an aching friend – just to say “hello hello, may I sit with you a while?” Sitting with is best.
- + a breakfast date made for today
- + knowing even amidst the Huge computer scare of Friday night that the new novel was safe and workable. I’m working on it in Scrivener which came through the upgrade entirely unscathed and… of course… I’m backing it up to Drop Box.
- + And…. a happy (fingers still crossed) overall resolution to the Huge computer scare of Friday night.
The Thing that needs Baking In MOST:
The energy WILL return. Know this in the midst of sickness. Allow rest.
NEXT WEEK’S Playful EXPERIMENT:
Listen “better” for my Quote of the Day. AND write it down right away so I don’t “lose it.”
I’m loving using my daily chicken (check in) pages. I had this kooky idea that instead of adding an inspirational quote each day from… someone famous… I would find the quote each day – from … whoever. It could still be someone famous, but it could also be – a friend, a stranger in line at the grocery store, or even my own self.
It’s fun, but some days I hear something early in the day and by day’s end… I’ve already forgotten. I’d like to work on that.
And so, with that, I leave you.
Wishing you a week full of wisdom and comforts found.
go easy, friends
In homage to Havi’s Friday Chickens over on the The Fluent Self — This is the place I review my week – in an attempt to track some things – like progress on my novel and… living intentionally. I shake out my week and lay it out. Let the hard burn off and the good sink in. Call it an experiment in paying attention.
Comments are cherished here. Discussion is adored. If you’d rather talk in private – drop me a line.