And so… I am here… and there you are.
How are you, I wonder? Is it cold where you live? Did you feel that blizzard last night?
Are you well? Is there sun in the sky? Are you safe?
I hope all is well in your world.
And… as promised…here’s yet one more slice of mine…
The Quick Chicken (The Doings that help me with the Being):
- Work on NIP: 5/7
- Walks: 3/7
- Meditation: 5/7
- Guitar: 1/7
- Yoga: 1/7
THIS WEEK’S EXPERIMENT:
To.. Listen “better” for my Quote of the Day. AND write it down right away so I don’t “lose it.”
I notice so many quotables…. and yet… write so few DOWN. Harumph.
Work in progress…as it all is…
THE GNARBLY BITS of Mystery:
- – Cough hanging on
- – Snow hanging on
- – Tired. So. Freaking. Tired.
- – Did I mention the snow?
- – Am I obsessing on the snow?
- – Will the snow ever ever GO?
- – It weighs on me. It weighs on me. My feet are heavy with it. The layer upon layer of clothes I need to wear… the hats and mitts and…
- – back door blocked this morning by a snow drift.
- – oh… that is just more snow… right… sorry.
THE TASTY BITS:
- + MiL saw a tulip up against her wall in a bare patch of earth… fighting for it’s life. I fear it got buried again last night…but we know it is under there… yearning for sun.
- + I have a new Doctor and I like her very much.
- + I made it into town yesterday to celebrate a friend’s retirement.
- + I’m doing pretty good on my new “paying attention to food” plan. Had fun planning my solo meals for the week and executing…MOST… of them.
- + Good fresh food … can’t beat it. “Treats” like an avocado and a pineapple. What a world. I get a bit of guilt typing that. I hear a voice say “eat local” and I growl back…. like what? SNOW? But I know I know I know… and I long for beans from the earth outside our window.
- + All goes well for the Raggedy Man in the city to the south. A Grand Band of artists rally round to create a world. Can’t wait to see the show in May.
- + twas a good week … overall… Yes it was.
- + and finally … so grateful for the work I’ve managed this week… It’s hard going right now (on the book) and I don’t really want to talk about it… but… it is moving… slowly but surely and…I am… glad.
The Thing that needs Baking In MOST:
Remember the tulip…Remember the tulip…
Remember the tulip sleeping below the ground. All that potential for beauty… petals and leaves reaching for the sun.
NEXT WEEK’S Playful EXPERIMENT:
You know what…. I can’t think of a blessed thing… Have no desire to add one more thing, one more thin and whispy, one more jot, one more iota of possible weight to my self as I move forward this coming week.
Let there be rest. Let there be energy. Let there be strength enough and time enough and will enough and always…joy and gratitude overflowing.
For all of us.
May your week be magically delicious.
Thanks so much for popping by.
go easy, friends
In homage to Havi’s Friday Chickens over on the The Fluent Self — This is the place I review my week – in an attempt to track some things – like progress on my novel and… living intentionally. I shake out my week and lay it out. Let the hard burn off and the good sink in. Call it an experiment in paying attention.
Comments are cherished here. Discussion is adored. If you’d rather talk in private – drop me a line.