Greetings Fellow Voyagers!
Summer is good up here on the bay!
It’s Friday again and more “fun with friends” is planned for the weekend. Woop. Some food and some fishing.
And some work up on the roof.
I’ll be signing off again for the weekend…but before I go… It’s Shake n Bake time.
The Quick Chicken (The Doings that help me with the Being):
- Yoga/Meditation: 3/7
- Active Fun: 5/7
- Write: 7/7 (but only …. 3 NIP sessions. I am now including the SCRIB because… it counts DANG it!)
- Play Music: 3/7
THIS WEEK’S EXPERIMENT:
Seek easeful ways to DO the DOINGS…
As you can see above… it seems I did not DO the DOINGS everyday this week. But, know what? I’m cool with that. It’s been a good week in spite of that and … I think that MAYBE I am easing into a way of… not getting so hung up on the numbers.
THE GNARBLY Tough BITS:
Hmm…. I pause here and think about it…. Must’ve been some hard moments… but in all honesty, none come to mind right now. How wild is THAT?
- A few times I thought “Should should should…” but I resisted the whipping of myself and returned to whatever joyful thing I was doing at that moment.
- I do know and see that I truly MUST get hunkered down with Izzy… but… there is something that just drives me out of the chair and onto the path to walk and walk and walk and… for this week anyhow… I let the urge win.
- And… right… the driving anxiety continues… but I’m doing it anyhow. Drove into and around town twice this week. And will drive in again today. Yay me!
THE TASTY BITS of Joy:
- A book in the mail! Literally BOOK in the mail from Ken Sparling (interesting “profile” of Ken over on Quill and Quire and over HERE you can find a conversation between Pedlar Press publisher Beth Follett and Ken about writing, Lego, his book, Intention Implication Wind, and more.)
- News that a friend is about to hop a train across the flatlands, headed our way.
- Something scary (for someone else) that turned out OK – perhaps in part because I went along to the scary place and stood beside them.
- Driving. Feeling the fear and driving anyhow.
AND THIS is The Thing that needs Baking In MOST:
Things go better with company – sometimes. And to be asked to go along is an honour so… when it comes to some scary place you have to go – ask a friend to come along. They will be pleased to be of service, as you were this week.
Next Week’s Playful Experiment?
It will have to do with the NIP. Oh man… but can you find a playful way to do this? Just… please… write through it Pam. You must. See… there is that word but… SERIOUSLY can you find a way to just… give it another shot? Give this bit another shot. Playfully – go as wild as you want… involve ostriches and demon goats if you want… just TAKE ANOTHER STAB at this very important meeting/confrontation/conflagration/confabulation/climax THING.
This is your mission.
This week… it is a mission.
Go in and STAY in, without judging it,
til you come out the other side.
It is imperative.
That’s it for me. Wishing you…
a week of WONDER.
Thanks for stopping by.
In homage to Havi’s Friday Chickens over on the The Fluent Self — This is the place I review my week – in an attempt to track some things – like progress on my novel and… living intentionally. I shake out my week and lay it out. Let the hard burn off and the good sink in. Call it an experiment in paying attention.
Comments are cherished here. Discussion is adored. If you’d rather talk in private – drop me a line.