Swooping early this morning to shake out the week because…. I’m heading out on the river with some pals for a bit and have a feeling that I won’t make it back online til… MONDAY!
I’ve been love love loving the offline weekends. But they are hard, too. I have a big ole list of “stuff to do” every Monday now. It’s worth it, though. So far.
OK — onward to confessionville – as that is what this feels like this week….
But… let us shift, this week to a YAWPing version of tracking the four things that this one intends to do each day…
For…as Whitman once said…
I too am not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable,
I sound my barbaric YAWP over the roofs of the world.
I have a friend who has begun a “tracking” of her own this week. Her method is to mark it down on the calendar – each day. And fill the wee squares with initials for the three things she aims to do each day.
I like that.
I’m gonna do it too.
And, just for kicks and giggles… I want it to be… a YAWP!
The Quick Chicken (The Doings that help me with the Being):
- Yoga/Meditation (ass on mat): 4/7
- Active Fun (ass in motion): 7/7
- Write (ass in chair): 7/7 (but only …. gulp… 1 NIP session.)
- Play Music (assignation with Pree): 3/7
Lawdy lawd – see what I mean about confessionville?
I am falling down the summertime bunnyhole with regards to my…. DOINGS!
The hours whiz past me… filled with activity… It ain’t like I’m laying around eating bon bons or anything but… I see that I am neglecting things that I KNOW full-well are integral to my well being and this is leading to some anxiety…. and yes… the dreads the dreads the dreads.
BUT – that said… the sessions of work on the NIP this week went astoundingly well and we are … moving into Saturday…. The current structure takes us though to Sunday night…. see how close we are?????
OK – enough about THAT.
THIS WEEK’S EXPERIMENT:
was too…. get back in the 6am-10am morning groove.
Ooooofta. Do I have to say it?
It did not go so well.
I was up at 7 a few times (I even did an early morning Kayak on Wednesday)… but I don’t think I made the 6am rise ONCE this week and so… there simply weren’t enough hours to do all the things I want so much to do… especially hard hit… Mat and Music time. Apparently I still see these as … somewhat optional … sigh.
THE GNARBLY Tough BITS:
- News of a friend battling some health issues. My heart is filled with wishes for health and wholeness and safe passage through this time for all nearest and dearest.
- Guilt about not doing the DOINGS – but, y’know what? It isn’t huge… it is more like… I know so deep in my bones that I feel better when I do these things and so I sort of sit here and… wonder… at my not doing them. No use beating myself over it. But it… registers.
- Sore sore achey back on Thursday morning. Taken as a call to the yoga mat. Thank-ye. Thank-ye.
THE TASTY BITS of Joy:
- Fun in the Sun – with the Raggedy Man, with friends, and on my own. Oh how I love it. And Oh how I long to just be OUTSIDE all the time all the time all the time and soak up the sun’s energy.
- Learning to fish. It is time. Well past time I learned this essential skill. So grateful to the wonderful fisherwoman who is sharing her wisdom, time and gear with me.
- A gloriously full Canada Day on July 1st. Many laughs, much joy, and a good job done to boot.
- Finishing off big work on the studio (for now) and moving in to scribble, write letters to K (and others), lay up in the loft and read and dream and… ahhhhhhhh I love it.
- Watching the garden grow.
- Watching the river flow.
AND THIS is The Thing that needs Baking In MOST:
Oh Pam, lighten up. It’s summertime.
Kick off your shoes and toss them in the corner with that pile of SHOULDS and dance to the music.
You WILL get this thing done. You will. But for now… chill, Sister.
Next Week’s Playful Experiment?
Shift it… find the ease-filled way to accomplish the things you truly need to accomplish.
There are ease filled ways.
And there are hours enough in each day.
FOR P and K (and the rest)
I send forth bright blessings
waves of love and light and strength
today – tomorrow – and down through the days til we meet again.
May the world hold you gently
and bring you beauty
and the sure knowledge that you are
exactly where you are supposed to be.
Thanks for stopping by.
In homage to Havi’s Friday Chickens over on the The Fluent Self — This is the place I review my week – in an attempt to track some things – like progress on my novel and… living intentionally. I shake out my week and lay it out. Let the hard burn off and the good sink in. Call it an experiment in paying attention.
Comments are cherished here. Discussion is adored. If you’d rather talk in private – drop me a line.