Yes as in… “Down in the Boondocks” Not out in the Boondocks…though I can see where you got that idea.
Now the lyrics to the song aren’t REALLY fitting my mood this morning…but I am feeling… down in the boondocks… down in the boondocks…
Or just plain down I suppose. SIGH.
Let’s just play the song and see how it makes us feel…
Well now… that was brilliant actually.
And it totally raised my spirits to watch Billy Joe getting his groove on and all those folks singing along. Huzzah for music and its power to lift us up when we are down.
The main causes of my down-ness this AM are simple to assess…
- I haven’t been doing my doings.
- I applied for a sweet gig last month and just heard that I didn’t get it. Didn’t even get an interview. Blergh!
Ah well… moving on….
The Quick Chicken (The Doings that help me with the Being):
- Yoga/Meditation: 0/7
- Active Fun: 2/7
- Write: 1/7 + Scrib
- Play Music: 0/7
See…. told ya. And yeah, I DO know better. Doesn’t mean I can always… do as I ought to…
THIS WEEK’S EXPERIMENT:
To simply Enjoy the Show…
Well… um… what?
Yes there has been much to enjoy… hmm. Did I manage to just… pay attention? Well… um… sure…. but…. oof.
Hilarious. I simply cannot seem to hold an intention…for a day… let alone a WEEK. What is the DEAL with that?
SHAKE IT OUT, Bustin!
THE Hard BITS:
- no job for the fall = no $$ for the fall/winter = dread
- waves and waves of sadness slipping over me
- what’ll i do…what’ll I do… what’ll I DO?
- at sea/lost feeling enhanced by the letting go of the NIP for now and shifting gears towards a new challenge for the 3day Novel Contest
- thinking…maybe I don’t even HAVE anything I want to play with for the 3day
- thinking… maybe I don’t even have anything to say – PERIOD (oh my pathetic-ness will make me laugh… soon)
- oh and that dread mentioned above is also probably because… why now? You all know, yes? Because I have not been doing the Working Hours that keep the dreads at bay! Silly silly me.
THE good BITS:
- The Southern Sis up for her summer stay – always good.
- Wood arriving – something so soothing about a growing woodpile, dontcha think?
- Friends arriving on the Bay who we thought might not make it this year. So glad they are here – though we haven’t made it over in person for a drop by YET.
- Fresh lettuce from our garden…abundance abundance abundance!
- baby zucchini and peppers and wee green tomatoes…. beans and potatoes and peas flowering…
- The dog happy and frolicking on the beach
- Bare feet in the sand
- mist on the bay
- so much beauty
I do know… I’ve so much to be thankful for. Yes.
The Thing that needs Baking In MOST:
Hey…. how about this one… – I’ve been HERE at this site for a year! Woot! And…
I’m still here… still working it all out.
I do believe I’ll go eat some cake.
Next Week’s Playful CHALLENGE…
Well along with the breathing …
…how about we ease back into the doings…
And to help with this, I have re-designed my paper chickens… a wee pad to keep by my bed with daily chickens (check-ins)…. let’s see if it helps me hold onto my intention for the week…
It seems to slip away from me as soon as I post this.
How about you?
Can you hold an intention for a day? A week? Months and months and months?
If so…. what IS your secret? Share share, Sugar Bear.
Thanks for popping in.
In homage to Havi’s Friday Chickens over on the The Fluent Self — This is the place I review my week – in an attempt to track some things – like progress on my novel and… living intentionally. I shake out my week and lay it out. Let the hard burn off and the good sink in. Call it an experiment in paying attention.
Comments are cherished here. Discussion is adored. If you’d rather talk in private – drop me a line.