Ever a denizen of “next year country” – I planted garlic today. Planted it BEFORE I harvested the bounty of this years garden in preparation for… FROST.
Yes. Tonight we will get our first frost.
It snowed today in Timmins…just a hint of snow, a few flakes that sent people screaming… but there it is. The light is waning… and we move into FALL.
The Autumnal Equinox, or Mabon for the pagans in the crowd, isn’t until the 22nd of September, but the shift has begun. Up here, anyhow.
Looking back… cuz I can do that now – having passed my one year blogoversary – I see that I did the big (heh heh) harvest on Sept 15th last year. And again it was a Harvest This Seed That situation. Perhaps it always is.
It’s actually weird to look back to that post. It was pre-shake n bakes. I’d just gotten deep into the NIP. That was the seeding I was doing…And I’ve spent pretty much the entire year tending to those “rows of words.” And the completed draft sits out there in the Studio… waiting for me. Waiting for me to head back in for another reVision.
But not quite yet.
I’ve decided to try my hand at a few shorter pieces first. Working on… working out… dreaming round… this world that I dove into during the 3 Day Novel Contest. The world of the Fifth.
There are those that Tend the Earth, the Air, the Fire and the Water. These are the Four – and the Fifth shall tend the spirit.
There will be more fun with the Random Sacred…or Sacred Random… and, I’m hoping, all manner of hi-jinx. Who know what could come of it.
I was spurred on to this by a few calls for submissions that a friend pointed out to me.
Fractured: Tales of the Canadian Apocalypse
Tesseracts 18: Wrestling With Gods
I’ve been wanting to try my hand at some short stories and… well heck… I think it’s a good way to explore the world of the Fifth a bit more before I dive back into Sanctuary and… disappear for months and months down that particular bunnyhole.
All righty…. she claps her hands together and rubs them furiously…
Let us CHICKEN…
The Quick Chicken (The Doings that help me with the Being):
- Scribble: 7/7
- Walk: 4/7
- Yoga: 3/7
- Meditation: 3/7
- Writing Hours: 3/7
Talking and laughing. As in talking with the Raggedy Man and thereby finding our way to laughter. Ahhh laughing. Laughing and laughing and laughing away all my dreary old sadness and worry. He’s a miracle man in suspenders, I tell ya.
What I Might Do Next Time:
Talk and laugh…sooooooooner. So simple… so hard.
- the SAD
- the tired (so sick n tired of the tired)
- the foolish not eating and the resultant…TIRED. sigh
- the dreads – totally from the days of no Writing Hours logged… and yeah… lack of $uper pile$ of $$ (where oh where do I find the super piles of cash?)
- the urge to… do more…add more “things to do” to my ever growing list…pushed by… what now? I dunno. I do know. That never ever ending feeling of… “not enough not enough not doing enough!” blergh.
THE SWEET N TASTY:
- The Walking (oh so good…oh so good for all the ills)
- The Hands in the Dirt – much neglected of late but enjoyed enjoyed ENJOYED today.
- The amazing wealth of information, wisdom and wild knowledge that is out here on this interweb. LONG LIVE THE WEB!
- Oatstraw (oh thank you thank you Susun Weed for your wisdom – http://www.susunweed.com/How_to_make_Infusions.htm
- And best of all best TASTY TREATS of the week – the honour of reading the Raggedy Man’s newest play, Sliver. Oh so freaking good. And now… where to send it? Who to send it to? Thinking…thinking…
The Thing That Needs Baking In MOST:
Let me hold two things from this week…
“You already KNOW what you need to do. And it is enough.”
“We all simply have to decide how much we are willing to pay.”
By which I mean… a couple of things….
- How much am I willing to “sacrifice” to keep writing – meaning… finances/stuff/running water (heh heh).
- Or you can look at it from the other side with the how much of your Self, your Soul, your life are you willing to sacrifice to get the Stuff (and the running water)?”
There is a fantastic new blog I found… a lovely lovely lovely Arts N Crafty woman named Caatje who lives on an island in the Netherlands and she has a fabulous post about this. Pop over and check it out at http://caatjesartsystuff.blogspot.ca/2013/06/full-disclosure-or-how-does-she-do-it.html. She sounds like my kind of gal!
Next Week’s Playful INTENTION…
Shake it, Baby!
Okay… Time to get the Lentil Stew and Corn Bread cooking for dinner.
Wishing you …wonder.
go easy ~p
In homage to Havi’s Friday Chickens over on the The Fluent Self — This is the place I review my week – in an attempt to track some things – like progress on my novel and… living intentionally. I shake out my week and lay it out. Let the hard burn off and the good sink in. Call it an experiment in paying attention.
Comments are cherished here. Discussion is adored. If you’d rather talk in private – drop me a line.