Written @ 12:43 pm Sunday Feb 15, 2015 in RM 21 of the Hotel Sol del Mar in La Penita de Jaltemba, Mexico.
Ahhhhhhh…time alone in the room to catch up with myself. Precious.
I feel like I have so much to "catch up on" here in this wee evernote diary and on the blog.
First off.. San Diego
We stayed with our pals Todd and Lee in their lovely home (complete with a huge back deck where oranges and avocados grew!). And oh what a wonderful time we had!
- Sitting on the deck each morning, plucking the tasty tart and juciest blood oranges.
- Roaming the neighbourhood, admiring houses and yards and Pubs. Finding funky murals and wee banannas growing everywhere.
- Todd’s fantastic chilli dinner and Caesar salad and Beef Clouds – yum!
- Great talks with Todd and Lee and some of their friends who stayed over as well.
- Listening to Olivia and Luis sing together as Luis played guitar. Heavenly. Luis being… Luis Perez Ixoneztli whose music you can find over at http://www.reverbnation.com/luisperezixoneztli
- Being surprised by a big Market Day in Little Italy.
- Exploring the waterfront – including gawping at the USS Midway aircraft carrier.
- Wandering through Old Town and finding a funky model train museum…
- Galavanting through Balboa Park…
- And finding these beauties in the Cactus Garden
- Then off to see a show by La Jolla Playhouse called The Grift at the gorgeous old school hollywood hideaway….The Lafayette Hotel
A wonderful evening out with Todd and we were all three abuzz with what play WE would write for The Lafayette…. (I even made some notes)
- And on our final night, attending the San Diego Theatre Critics Circle’s 2014 Craig Noel Awards. Todd was up for an award for his outstanding performance in Tru at Diversionary Theatre.
Here’s a review of the show…http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/nov/30/diversionary-theatre-tru-review/
Sadly, Todd didn’t take the prize he was nominated for, but it was an honour to sit by his side and get a small peek into the San Diego theatre community.
We had such a wonderful time and here’s hoping we make it back again. And/or that Todd and Lee make their way North to Mulligan’s Bay.
Next up…. Guadalajara…