My cup runneth over with gratitude this week. Cup Full… Bucket Full… Barrel filled to overflowing with gratitude and joy and arms flung wide open to welcome Summer!
Tis me…sneaking online on a Saturday to Shake and Bake. Had a bit of a WHOOP UP on the river last night to celebrate the Solstice and friendship and… the day got away from me with the cooking and what not. Been so long since we have entertained…that I was quite nervous. Glad glad to report that a wonderful night was had by all!
Good food. Good friends. Good times stretching into the wee hours of the morning.
I hope your summer is full of much of this – gathering with friends, and folk that you love.
OK – onward to the magnificence that was this week…
- Write: 6/7
- Move: 7/7
- Matt/Sit: 6/7
- Music: 5/7 – whee!
THIS WEEK’S EXPERIMENT:
Yoga in the morning.
Und I did it! I so did it and boy did I need it! And girl did it feel GOOD! Huzzah.
THE GNARBLY BITS of Ouch:
- Hmm… hard to remember any rough bits this week…. but I know they were here… I did get quite sad on Thursday. I believe that it stemmed from the fact that I didn’t sit for my work hours on the NIP. No real reason. I just allowed myself to sleep in and then, once up, I leapt into outside work directly after the Scrib and… never came back in to sit and work. Consequence felt pretty much IMMEDIATELY. One day I will truly learn/accept/embrace the simple FACTs that I see/feel within.
Sit and work and you feel good.
Don’t and you feel sad/scared/double plus not good.
- – some minor body aching to remind me that… I’m growing older and need to, perhaps, be a bit more gentle on myself when out working hard in the wonderful sunshine.
- – noticing that I still lean towards saying/thinking “Now, I need to go and do this…” Instead of “Now I GET to go and do this….” as in “Now I get to sit and work. Now I get to play guitar. Now I get to prepare and eat a tasty meal.” The attitude really does make a difference. Just shifting the “I need to…” to “now I GET to…” Try it. It works wonders!
THE TASTY BITS of Glory:
- + oh my Dears, I wish I could express how huge my gratitude is this week for the amazing generosity and support and downright AMAZINGNESS of two fantastic women – my Mother in Law and Sister in Law. They have given me such a gift of peace and love this week. A huge boon. Huge. I thank them with all of my heart.
- + the gift of a letter of support/appreciation from a fellow writer that made me weep and weep. I am honoured and humbled by the lovely words from this talented, wonderful woman. Ah my heart. So full.
- + my studio/trailer – so loving it! This week I started painting the interior. Can’t wait for another sunny dry day to finish up and then… MOVE IN! Whee!
- + so grateful for this body – this mostly healthy, mostly strong body that allows me to paint and garden and lift and haul and dance and sing. It’s quite amazing.
- + so grateful for the words that continue to flow… the NIP grows…. and I am happy.
AND THIS is The Thing that needs Baking In MOST:
You are surrounded and supported by good people – friends and family.
And see… (thinking back to last week)…. Everything IS fine. You are fine and most importantly – you are not alone on this earth. You never have been – though it may feel like that sometimes.
Next Week’s Playful Experiment?
Work on the “Now I GET to…” idea. See what happens with this conscious shift of thinking and report back.
ONWARD into the weekend!
May we embrace
the music of the world
and feel it sing through our selves
May we touch the world
and all beings
Thanks for stopping by. Tossing joy joy joy into your path this week.
In homage to Havi’s Friday Chickens over on the The Fluent Self — This is the place I review my week – in an attempt to track some things – like progress on my novel and… living intentionally. I shake out my week and lay it out. Let the hard burn off and the good sink in. Call it an experiment in paying attention.
Comments are cherished here. Discussion is adored. If you’d rather talk in private – drop me a line.