Mmmmmm Fall…. crisp mornings and water so still we can hear the waves lick the shore on the far side of the Bay.
The days are warm again. Each evening, around 4:30 or 5:00… the Raggedy Man and I make our way to the beach and sit a while. Sipping beverages and gazing out at the river. There are tiny fish jumping, just off the shore. Friends cruise by in boats. Some stop in and join us for a bit – their dogs roaming our patch to see what smells good.
It’s been a good week.
Last Week’s Playful INTENTION…
…to keep walking and getting to know the woman in this story forming in my mind…
There was walking and there was more story slipping out. Yay for that.
The Quick Chicken (The Doings that help me with the Being):
- Scribble: 7/7
- Walk: 4/7
- Meditation: 2/7
- Writing Hours: 4/7 There were indeed only four FULL sessions of unbroken focus for the 2HRS but there was something written every day on the new tale. This is good. But yes – Must get back to opening that daily space for the word work.
- The only thing that irked/itched this week was… my tendency to fill the hours between 7-11PM with TV and online … hopping….cruising facebook and chat forums… never really LANDING. Happened a few times this week and then, once I crawled into bed I was like…. “why don’t I just READ instead. Blergh.”
THE SWEET N TASTY:
- Good news for The Raggedy Man always makes me smile. A project we though dead in the water is… still breathing and growing – HUZZAH!
- Seriously loving and appreciating the conversations I am listening in on over at the Shero’s School for Revolutionaries.
- Being outside in the sun, tidying and prepping for winter… gently and slowly.
- Our plans for winter falling into place – new adventures and challenges.
- This growing feeling of… well being… it is … well hell… it is simply delicious.
The Thing That Needs Baking In MOST (What WORKED):
Rising Early – a thing I know know KNOW and then… let slip. Wednesday was the best morning this week. Woke and climbed out of bed in the dark. Watched the light come. Bundled up and hit the misty river in the kayak. Sat and meditated beside a loon.
Next Week’s Playful INTENTION…
Come back again to this rising early. I’m never sure why it slips away.
~ Life is a practice, I suppose ~
Not a practice run – but a practice like…
…….a meditation practice…….
…….a writing practice……
This is Pam’s living practice… this is how we spend our lives… how I spend my life…
Next week will be Shake and Bake 52. It will also be a New Moon. I foresee a…. review of this year of Check-in Chickens and perhaps a revisioning of the year to come. Hope you’ll pop by and see what shakes out.
Today’s Video Fun is in honour of the Eighties Pics a dear friend recently posted on Facebook…. Days of wandering through Kensington Market, gathering with friends in our old apartment on Glenholme or in that warehouse space where I lived with my first love. Ahh the memories. Ahh the people I’ve found to share this life with. It’s just so… good.
One of the pics was taken when Jennifer Warnes played Ontario Place… Here’s a lovely vid of a dog enjoying Bird on a Wire… just kinda weird… and makes me smile.
Okay… Time to step out into the rest of my day.
Wishing you a week of… roaming in the gloaming.
go easy ~p
In homage to Havi’s Friday Chickens over on the The Fluent Self — This is the place I review my week – in an attempt to track some things – like progress on my novel and… living intentionally. I shake out my week and lay it out. Let the hard burn off and the good sink in. Call it an experiment in paying attention.
Comments are cherished here. Discussion is adored. If you’d rather talk in private – drop me a line.