Shake and Bake 53 – The “All Clear” Edition
Here we are at the first quarter of this year’s Hunter Moon.
Much time was spent this week in preparation mode. Working on and IN the new Night Ravings journal and gathering moony tidbits. Fun.
PREPARATION has revealed itself as my Playful INTENTION for the month.
There is an EXCELLENT post on preparation over at one of my favourite blog hangouts – the Deepest Well (click HERE).
The week was also busy busy with Doctor visits for the whole fam-damly. It took up much time and perhaps that is why I didn’t ALWAYS get to the “doings” this week. A week full up and well spent but… one canna do it all.
The Quick Chicken (The Doings that help me with the Being):
- Scribble: 6/7
- Walk: 4/7
- Meditation: 3/7
- Writing Hours: 4/7 Focus this week was on the two short pieces I am working on. Set in the world of The Fifth. I’m enjoying it.
- MiL is having a heck time with a sore ankle – sprain, strain, hairline fracture? Time will tell.
- Something I must take Silent Retreat about – as it is not mine to share but I hold a space for it here. A concern. A caring. An opening to good thoughts and well wishes.
THE SWEET N TASTY:
- Grand grand news from the Doctor for me. There was a possibility that I might have Lupus. Tests were done that had a positive reading and then MORE DETAILED TESTS were done. The more detailed tests came back – ALL CLEAR. Wow wow wow. I had no idea how worried about this I was. I am so glad and so relieved. No Lupus. Kidney function is clear. Deep deep deep breath of gratitude and thank-FULLness.
- The weather the weather the weather – so gorgeous we are still enjoying an evening sit on the beach before dinner. And boat rides into town. Ahhh.
- I have learned to make a simple hot and sour soup and I am IN LOVE with it! Yum.
- I managed two days this week with a “rest hour” in the afternoon. One day – I think I might have even NAPPED! It’s a Hunter’s Moon Miracle!
- Playing in the Night Ravings book. Finding images. Playing with colour and beginning to play with words.
- I REMEMBERED A DREAM. Very cool (I don’t usually remember them).
- I scored some work boots and some funky SteamPunky boots at the Second Hand Store.
- A date booked for this evening to celebrate a friends birthday. Fun will be had and I shall wear my funky new boots and a flippy dippy skirt!
The Thing That Needs Baking In MOST (What WORKED):
Going with the flow – feeling OK, even though I didn’t get ALL the doings done everyday. The thing that weighs the most on me is not getting the Writing Hours in. But… It’s OK.
I didn’t rise early every day this week. But I did OK. And the days I DID rise early, I got all the doings done.
Next Week’s Playful INTENTION ~AS STATED ABOVE~
More preparation – for this Samhain and the review of my year and … beginning again.
I’m quite enjoying this taking the time to prepare. Giving myself room.
And just for smiles….
go easy ~p
In homage to Havi’s Friday Chickens over on the The Fluent Self — This is the place I review my week – in an attempt to track some things – like progress on my novel and… living intentionally. I shake out my week and lay it out. Let the hard burn off and the good sink in. Call it an experiment in paying attention.
Comments are cherished here. Discussion is adored. If you’d rather talk in private – drop me a line.